BTX is a common procedure performed in many aesthetic clinics. It is marketed under various brand names such as BTX, Dysport and Xeomin and has been in the market for over 30 years.
What happens when we age is that we go from Stage 1: No wrinkles when we express ourselves to Stage 2: Wrinkles when we express ourselves and eventually going on to Stage 3: Resting wrinkles which are always there even when we do not express ourselves.
And how does this occur? It occurs through a series of mimicry, repetitive movements that results in the muscles growing bigger and stronger which pushes the skin together to create deep resting lines and we do not want that because this can occur across our forehead, over the frown lines, around the sides of the eyes, the areas near the chin and even resulting in part of our jaw looking a lot more squarish.
Is there a solution to treat this?
Is it safe?
What can it treat?
Common Regions Treated:
2. Forehead lines that make us look aged
3. Crows feet near the eyes that make us look old
4. Marionette lines along the corners of the mouth that make us look sad
5. Cobblestoning near the chin that make us look grumpy
6. Lower face contouring where we can achieve a more V shaped look
7. Isolated neck bands whenever we tense our neck that are unsightly