VOLUMISE FOR A FULLER APPEARANCE
Dermal fillers have been approved to use for various aesthetics treatments since the 1970s. Since then, the way we use dermal fillers has changed from just filling a line to restoring the foundations of the facial features.
FACE LIFTING WITH THE RESULTS YOU DESIRE
At the start, dermal fillers were created from collagen based substances and with medical advancement, advanced fillers containing hyaluronic acid(HA) and other biodegradable material like PLLA, CaHa & PCL can be commonly found today. At the start, dermal fillers were created from collagen based substances and with medical advancement, advanced fillers containing hyaluronic acid(HA) and other biodegradable material like PLLA, CaHa & PCL can be commonly found today.
Dermal fillers have a wide range of applications but are mainly used:
• To restore volume in hollow areas
• To smoothen wrinkles by hydrating the skin
• To pre-empt and prevent premature aging
Dermal fillers are NOT created equal. Fillers are made with different gel densities to focus on effective treatment for different areas of the face.
A more concentrated filler like JuvedermⓇ Voluma can be used to volumize the cheeks where else a softer filler like RestylaneⓇ Kysse can be used for specific regions like lips.
Dermal fillers are made with a range of FDA & HSA approved substances. Dermal fillers are made with a range of FDA & HSA approved substances.
• Hyaluronic acid (HA) Hyaluronic Acid can be naturally found in our skin and connective tissues in the human body. The characteristics of HA fillers are typically soft & gel-like. The results from HA fillers are usually temporary and last from 6 – 12 months. Common brands of HA fillers include JuvedermⓇ, RestylaneⓇ & BeloteroⓇ
• Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) Calcium Hydroxylapatite is a natural occurring substance found mainly in our bones. CaHA fillers are gel-like in nature and are typically denser than HA fillers. RadiesseⓇ is one of the well-known brands for CaHA fillers.
• PolyCaprolactone (PCL) PolyCaprolactone is a biodegradable, hydrophobic medical polymer, usually present as microspheres when used in fillers. The PCL is usually suspended together in a gel carrier like one that is encased in Carboxymethyl (CMC). EllanséⓇ is a prime example of a PCL/CMC Dermal filler which is also commonly known as 少女针. The application effects from a PCL/CMC filler like EllanséⓇ typically lasts longer than HA fillers.
EllanséⓇ Dermal Fillers
EllanséⓇ also widely known in the market as 少女针, is an advanced filler that not only volumizes recessed areas of the face but also stimulates the body to naturally produce collagen.
Currently, EllanséⓇ fillers have one of the longest treatment durations with effects lasting up to 3 years due to their unique properties. This means that patients can enjoy longer lasting effects and make less visits to the clinic.
How are dermal fillers different from botulinum toxin (Botox)?
Dermal fillers are injectable gels that are used to replace loss of volume and to hydrate the skin. Botox on the other hand is used to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by weakening the muscles.
How long do the dermal fillers last?
It depends on a few factors like type of filler and amount of volume used. The effects from fillers can last from 6 months to 3 years.
Are treatments involving dermal fillers painful?
Each filler treatment will feel different depending on the patient’s tolerance and which areas are treated. Some dermal fillers contain lidocaine to reduce pain and discomfort during the injection. Topical numbing cream may also be applied to ensure that the treatment is as comfortable as possible.
What is the downtime for fillers?
Depending on individual patients, there are some risks of swelling or bruising at the injected areas which should clear up within 2-3 days
How much does a treatment involving dermal fillers cost?
Treatment cost depends on a few factors like the brand of fillers and on the treatment area. Dermal filler treatments typically start from S$800.
What do I need to prepare before doing dermal fillers?
It is advisable not to engage with vigorous physical activity or consume large amounts of alcohol 24 hrs before the treatment in order to reduce the risk of bruising.
The Goken Promise
The brand & type of dermal filler will only work as well as the doctor who is administering the treatment. At GOKEN Aesthetics Practice, our doctors and staff always work to enhance each patient’s features proportionally to create tasteful, natural looking results. Our doctors listen to patients’ thoughts and concerns before recommending a customised treatment plan, which can sometimes include a combination of facial lasers, threadlifts and botox to achieve the ideal aesthetics results.
Contact our clinic today at +65 8780 8277 for a thorough consultation. We look forward to seeing you soon.